Students of German universities may apply for 7 DAAD (Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst) scholarships, which cover participation in the International Summer School “Ukrainian Language and Country Studies” (July 26 to August 7, 2021). All interested students must fill out the registration form on the site by May 15, 2021.
Note! Conducting a Summer school online is possible in case of complications epidemiological situation. In this case, the scholarship will cover the cost of participation in the Summer School. The final decision on this will be made in the application deadline – May 15, 2021.
The Summer School includes the following cultural and educative events: language course, workshop-lectures, educative and cultural excursions, language and cinema clubs and speaking practise with local students that aim to give participants a better understanding of Ukrainian social and everyday life, politics, history, culture, art, literature, religion and economics.
- intensive Ukrainian language course (45 academic hours for language), all training and informational materials, certificate);
- 16 academic hours of scientific workshops (presence, individual study and presentation):
- 30 academic hours of cultural studies program (workshops, competitions, excursions);
- daily coffee breaks at LNU;
- afternoon language practice and (partly optional) evening program (with the support of Ukrainian students and/or volunteers);
- festal dinner;
- trip to the Ukrainian Carpathian Mountains (cultural program, food, transfer, overnight stay);
- the provision of all necessary documents for Visa, border crossing;
- the registration in the library, etc.
Accommodation and travel allowances are NOT included in the tuition fee, but the organizers may help students to find cheap housing, for example in the dormitory of Lviv National University or in host families, or they may recommend hostels. Upon prior request the organizers may also help with the arrangement of a transfer from train or airport.
For any additional information, please contact Oksana Turkevych, firstname.lastname@example.org.